CBD has taken the world by storm, and now it’s being used in a lot of things, from medicine to different kinds of therapeutic products. Here is everything you need to know about CBD, its benefits for sleep, and whether you should use CBD gummies for sleep and other products.
Yes, CBD Does Help With Sleep
CBD, also known as cannabinoid, is found to be effective for people who find it hard to sleep. In order to understand how cannabinoid helps with sleep, it’s important to understand its origin and what it contains to induce relaxation and sleep in people.
CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, so it is the most natural form of the extract and it doesn’t contain the intoxicating agent THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. The THC is responsible for giving “the high” when cannabis is taken. This is also the reason why it was banned in many countries in the first place.
The extracted cannabinoid is helpful for relaxing the muscles and making you feel alleviated. It also helps with pains and it is generally great for people who suffer from sleep disorders, like:
- Sleep apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome, and more.
CBD goes into your body and relaxes the system, which is known as the endocannabinoid system. This system is responsible for controlling memory, pain, and the metabolism of the body.
It is also responsible for producing sleep-inducing hormones and CBD can help to boost its production so that you can get a good night’s rest. It also gives your body a relaxing feeling and pushes your body toward sleep.
Is CBD Approved For Use?
Whenever people hear the name “cannabis”, they freak out, but since the introduction of CBD in medicine and other helpful drugs, it has been approved by the FDA.
The products which the FDA approves are mostly things that contain small amounts of cannabinoids, which are synthetic in nature. Whereas, if you want to get your hands on natural CBD, then there are some products that contain that too, but it’s necessary to have a doctor’s prescription for it if you want to use it for something like managing pain or sleep.
Although there are no specific medications for sleep problems that contain CBD, the FDA is trying to broaden its research and approve products that can lead to better sleep and a relaxed routine.
Benefits Of CBD Gummies For Sleep Disorders
Here are some benefits of CBD, which can lead to better sleep:
- It is great in treating insomnia, although the studies are still in the preliminary stages, it can be effective since it produces a lot of melatonin and serotonin, which can make your body lethargic and push you to sleep well at night.
- It is especially great for people who suffer from sleep apnea, where they can stop breathing for some time. CBD does something to prevent the pauses in breathing and it leads to a better and regular sleep pattern.
- You can use CBD for making better sleep habits and patterns. If your routine is out of whack and you need help getting back on track, then CBD can help you in getting a good night’s rest. It helps with your circadian rhythm and makes it more consistent so that you wake up and go to sleep at a fixed time, every day.
- It has also proved by studies that CBD can help people with narcolepsy. Although it may be helpful, the results are still very much 50/50, as, for some people, CBD helps, whereas it doesn’t for other people.
Side Effects Of CBD
Here are some side effects of using CBD:
- Since it isn’t regulated fully in a lot of countries, it needs to be taken carefully, otherwise, the results can lead to addiction and getting high.
- There are a lot of false claims about CBD out there and you need to be careful about what you’re putting in your body.
- It’s not good for children or pregnant women.
There you have it! CBD can help with sleep issues, because it relaxes your body and releases all of the tension your muscles are holding, hence alleviating you from the inside. You can find CBD products in an approved CBD shop.