Most people with frizzy or curly hair crave for straight hair and to get that, some get permanent hair straightening done from a hair salon or some do it every day at their homes. But, feeding your hair with that much amount of heat on a regular basis isn’t something really healthy, try out the following tips to straighten your hair without heat.
Blow-Dry Your Hair with Cold Air
This practice is done by every other person to get straight hair but with hot air which damages the hair a lot. But, do you know that you can get sleek hair with cool air as well that too without damaging your hair with heat. All you have to do is wash your hair properly, let them air-dry and start blow-drying your hair when only one quarter is left to dry. Don’t forget to switch the setting of your blow dryer from hot to cool air. Move the blow dryer from top to the bottom of your hair strand by strand until you get that perfect straight hair. For best results, use it with a straightening serum to make the hair last straight for a longer time. According to the studies, cool air blow drying does way less damage as compared to the damage done by hot air blow dry.
Comb Your Hair Until Its Dry
The easiest way to straighten your hair without heat is to comb it continuously until it dries with a simple brush or a straightener. After you come out of a shower, grab a comb and run it through your hair for 2-3 minutes. Keep doing it after every 5 minutes time interval and continue until your hair dries out completely. Stand in front of a fan and then try out brushing your hair as it gives faster and better results. This method prevents your hair from curling back up like it usually does.
Wrap Your Hair Around Your Head
Rather than going to those expensive salons, you can get straight hair at home without causing damage to the hair. You can get straight hair overnight by wrapping your damp hair around your head. The steps are:
- Detangle your hair with a brush or a comb
- Section your hair equally into two parts
- Now comb one section and wrap it over your head tightly and secure it with hairpins
- Do the same with the other section and secure it on the opposite side
- In the end, pin the hair at the back of your head that you think needs to be secured
Once you have secured your hair perfectly, take a silk scarf and cover your head with it so that your hair doesn’t come out of the pins at night. Open your hair in the morning and enjoy the day with frizz-free straight hair.
Try Natural Hair Masks
Natural hair straightening masks not only straighten your hair but also repair it, condition it and make it silkier. Following are some of the tried natural hair straightening masks that you can use as well:
- Milk and Egg Mask – Take 2 cups of milk and add in it 1 egg then soak in your hair. Stay like that for about 10 minutes, take your hair out of the bowl, make a bun and wear a plastic cap. Leave your hair for 30 minutes more then, wash and dry it out with continuous brushing.
- Milk and Honey Mask – Mix 1 tablespoon of honey into 1 cup milk and soak it in your hair for a good 1 hour. Wear a shower cap and wash it after an hour.
- Coconut Milk and Lemon Juice Mask – Take 1 cup of coconut milk, add 4-5 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it. Mix it well and microwave the mask for 15-20 seconds. Allow the mask to cool then apply on your hair. Wash it after about 35-40 minutes.
Try out these simple hair straightening methods without heat and break free from the damage that hair straightening causes. If you’re looking for keratin treatments salons, you should first ask if it’s damaging for your hair and what’s the safety procedure. Hypno